Why do I announce all my actions?Posted: May 20, 2015
- Because I used to do it with my babies, to help them develop language, and it became a habit.
- Because I want everyone else to do it too so I can always know how to best plan around them.
- Because it allows those around me to plan their lives with a bit more information available to them.
- Because it helps me order my thoughts.
- Because I hope those I tell keep me accountable to my plans/intentions.
“I’m just gonna make dinner and then I’ll have a shower and then I’m going to clean out the closet.”
I’m sick of it though. I feel like it puts people in awkward positions at times. It centralizes my experience over those around me. Do I just stop? Do I need to transform this behaviour into some other, more positive behaviour or set of behaviors? Do you have the answers to these questions?
On this day: