The things that are overwhelming me.Posted: January 29, 2015
I’ve stopped using my paper journal to manage my energy and help me navigate my need for alone time and figure my shit out and today I’m a fucking emotional nightmare. I stopped a couple months ago, really, and I thought I was doing well but shit, January has thrown a lot of stuff at me and I have not been keeping up with myself.
Things I’m working through:
- How to continue to participate in things that bring me joy, when they are things my loved-ones don’t like, without feeling really self-conscious about it.
- How to not be in the middle of uncomfortable situations between people who are not me.
- Dealing with the fact that I used to have a certain aspect of my shit together WAY MORE than I currently do and trying to find the energy to get back to where I want to be.
- And then dealing with all the new Life Stuff (living situation, work situation, new business situation, tax-season blah blah blah) that I need to figure out.
- And practicing being there for others in ways that are not natural for me but is what they need and I want to do this for them.
- How to share my love with others without making it all about me (which I think I have come a long way on and in some cases it’s about being seen with fresh eyes).
On this day:
In 2008 – I still remember how to ask to find a bank machine!