How I’m coping…Posted: December 6, 2014
… with waking up this morning, after 3 weeks of sickness, feeling MORE sick than I felt in the previous days.
- sleep till 10am
- shuffle downstairs, get on the sofa, drink coffee, moan
- cry a little but not very much because it clogs up my sinuses
- eat half a grapefruit
- exhausted from all that living, take a one hour nap
- abandon all hope of making that lasagna I have all the ingredients for
- drive to run an errand, get honked at for something or other, stay in the car while Shawn runs the errand, drive home – total time out, 20 minutes, obviously I need to rest
- rest for about an hour
- go take a shower – we have an event at our home tonight after all – get clean, then turn up the heat to one degree less than scalding, crouch down and let the hot sting rain down on my back
- intently examine how the water mists onto my hair and collects on my bangs and drips down in front of my eyes in a predictable rhythm
- turn off the water and pull myself out over the edge of the tub, crawl over to the toilet and perch atop it
- turn on my hair dryer and point it at my head – eventually it will be dry – whatever it ends up looking like, we’ll just say I’m daring
- get dressed in leggings and a giant oversized hoodie that is pretty much a snuggie
- go make a beet salad
- eat some chilli
- realizing our event starts in 5 minutes, go hide away in bed with the door closed and a cup of rummy egg nog, and decide it’s for everyone’s best interest that I socialize exactly zero amount.
And here we are.
On this day: