a homebuyer’s wish listPosted: December 4, 2014
I’m starting to look at real estate for buying. It’s kind of like a hobby of mine I guess. I figured I would put together a wish list of what I want out of a possible home:
- possibility of income property (like a duplex/triplex or with a basement apartment or something)
- separate bedrooms for the kids, or a big enough room that they can have some private space (I saw one cool one that had a loft space within the room so one could have the ‘upstairs’)
- lots of access to natural light
- green space for gardening
- workshop space for woodwork/bike repair. It wouldn’t need to be huge, but it would have to be somewhat pleasant to be in. Could be a garage or shed with electricity (for some heat in the winter)
- needs to fit my massive harvest table
- a tub that can cover my body in water (I guess I could always change out a tub)
- a spot for a hammock
So those are my basic requirements. Anything else is pretty much just bonus stuff. I don’t mind putting work into a place if it fits my basic criteria already.
What are your absolute must-haves for your home?
On this day: