I have a process.Posted: November 3, 2014
It goes like this:
- Identify something about my life that isn’t really working for me.
- Think about it a WHOLE LOT, there might be some anguish.
- Get into a particular frame of mind, take a long hot shower.
- Write about it (on paper if it’s not completely resolved, as a blog post if I feel like I’ve come to at least a certain set of conclusions and can jump off again from there.)
- Take a deep breath and feel way better
But people!!! I have been stuck just before point 3 for like, a whole week! I have not had time to just be on my own and contemplate and resolve. I have snippets of thoughts and feelings that I’ve come to but I haven’t had a stretch of 2 hours while alone AND awake where I could really just flesh it out. It’s frustrating because I feel like I’m dealing with something HUGE HUGE HUGE and I just want to close the first of many chapters and I have yet to be able to.
At the same time, I don’t particularly feel like I want to go into hermit-mode but I may have to? Maybe just for a day or two anyway. I haven’t scheduled any space in my life until… *sigh* next Sunday. OUF. This usually means I end up cancelling on people which I actually do not want to do.
On this day: