Freeze!Posted: October 3, 2013
I need to go on a spending freeze.
I am living pay cheque to pay cheque right now and things like lawyer fees are being automatically charged to my credit card and I am not able to pay them off at the end of the month (I can make some payments – I just can’t keep up with them right now). I realize that these fees are soon to be coming to an end, which is great, but I still need to dig myself out of this debt-hole. There were also some bigger costs around moving that have eaten up my “buffer money”. Luckily, I already ordered the kids’ x-mas gifts online (they are the only people I buy for) and their snowsuits still fit so other than some winter boots, I shouldn’t have any extraordinary costs coming up for a while.
So I need to buckle down and go back to my thrifty ways which means the following:
- plan meals and eat at home/pack lunches (couponing is not worth the time/effort for me)
- don’t go out anywhere that charges a cover
- hang out with people at home or at their homes
- enter all kinds of giveaway contests (because somehow I have good luck at winning things when I’m strapped for cash) so we can do fun activities (museums, day trips etc) that typically have a cost associated to them
- sell things I don’t use (this is difficult since I just moved and already purged so much stuff – I’ll double-check though)
- do all those cost-saving things around the house like turning off lights and only doing the laundry during off-peak times
Things I’m looking forward to:
- no longer having lawyer fees piling up so I can just work on paying them off
- my car being paid off so I can divert those payments to the lawyer fees mentioned above
- housewarming party! (because fun is important)
- carving pumpkins for Halloween
on this day:
In 2012 – I wrote about the sexy spelling bee and my own private strip-tease, as well as about having an abortion
In 2007 – Imaginary Hockey Team Betting Club
In 2006 – I am now and expert at making all the Thanksgiving Foods (but due to the whole don’t spend lots of money thing, will not be making these foods)
In 2005 – Pumpkins!