21 months – the sleeping issuePosted: March 21, 2010
I had camera battery problems this month so not as many photos videos as I wanted to take.
- Learned the entire Spider Man theme song in 2 days. Best part: “Listen bud; He’s got radioactive blood!”
- Graduated to his “big boy” bed which is just his crib with one rail removed
- Was really sick with barf and the runs and one morning I was getting him undressed to give him a bath and he was whining and wouldn’t take off his shirt. I was still in my pj’s sitting on a stool hugging him and trying to convince him to finish undressing for a bath because it would make him feel better when BLAMMO!!! My legs get sprayed SPRAYED with poop! All I could do was laugh because in that moment, I just had to keep him comfortable and me being mortified would not have helped. Brent was in shock.
- I was in the next room while Bobby was sleeping and heard him say “I fall down!” so I went to check on him and this is what I saw:
- Even though he’s starting to grasp plurals and things like “his” vs “hers” and “eat” vs “ate” He still says things like “I want to pick you up!” when he wants to be picked up.
- Randomly hums a tune then proclaims “I like that song!”
- Has a new joke: Bobby "Knock knock" Anyone else "Who’s there?" Bobby "Grandma!" Hilarity ensues.
- Can do everything "by self" but the second you aren’t right there, he screams for help.
- Back into watching Sesame Street now that he can handle only watching one episode and then doing something else. This means he can now count to 17, imitate cookie monster and tell you want sounds a variety of letters make.
- I’m making more of an effort to speak to Bobby in French and it’s hilarious when he uses a French word in the middle of speaking English.
- Has actually started sleeping in his bed the entire night. It is SO nice not to get kicked in the face and I got over the lack of snuggles by the second night
On this day:
In 2009 – Bobby dropped a deuce in the bath tub
In 2008 – I didn’t go. Apparently I have no friends.
In 2007 – My fear of pissing my pants is greater than my fear of careening down a busy highway
In 2006 – That Ben & Jerry’s is now gone
In 2005 – good god. Those jeans would no longer fit my shins.