Posted: January 21, 2010 Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: hurricane, photos, video
I know I didn’t write anything about this when it was timely but HAVING A KID MAKES CHRISTMAS FUN AGAIN!!! I know a lot of you who are all "bah humbug" and I admit that in the past few years, it wasn’t all that magical for me either but this year… THIS YEAR???? Bobby was so obsessed with Santa Claus (after we went to see him at the mall and Bobby wanted nothing to do with him OF COURSE) that anytime you asked him where we were going or wanted to do, he’d say "Go see Santa" and anytime he saw a computer, he’d want to see videos of Santa (this site worked like a charm
) He didn’t totally understand presents but he does understand playing with them once they are open. SO MUCH FUN. Brent and I stuck to the three gift rule, so did my mom… my mother in law obviously didn’t so we’ll have to try that a gain next year….
Now on to non Christmas stuff!!!
- Went to the animal barns at the experimental farm for the first time and again for the second time 2 days later
- “Crinkles” his nose on demand
- Has gotten into doing things just for attention like yelling as though he’s hurt himself of dramatic “NO!”s
- Is starting to involve imagination and pretend in his play
- Doesn’t want anything to interrupt play time – not even the removal of a poop diaper
- Has his own snack shelf in the pantry and he knows how to pull out what he wants and ask someone to open it for him (currently contains apple sauce, dried cherries, raisins, dried mangoes and crackers)
- Calls hearts, barts
- Is obsessed with butterflies
- Has discovered that ‘pretty please’ works even better than ‘please’
- First hospital visit – he had Croup which isn’t really a big deal but it’s scary sounding at 4am
- Wants a kiss on hurt body parts. Sometimes he pretends he hurt himself or does so on purpose (slowly lowers himself to the ground and says "Bobby fall down!) to get kisses. He hasn’t thought of just ASKING for them!
These? these are my nipples.
Sneak-eating one of Santa’s cookies
Hugging the baby
Henry The vacuum – this kind of backfired. It has real suction and I had visions of Bobby vacuuming up all the dog hair. Well it totally works except for the part where I forget to get batteries and Bobby got used to pretend playing with it and now loses his shit when it’s actually on.
OK Baby, Time for lunch.
OH Baby! You got so dirty!
Time for a bath
mmmmm Cracker sauce
Bobby happily "helped" us shovel the driveway, then I put him on a snow bank. The nerve!
Practicing his back float and kicks
SHIT! You found me!
New favorite snack
Plugging into the amp
Strumming while Dad does whatever you call the other part of playing the guitar.
Don’t mess with Kitchen Ninja!
I bonked my head! Kiss it!
Staying home with Croup means crocodile pjs and monster robe