4 monthsPosted: October 21, 2008
Well today is our real anniversary and we haven’t really celebrated… something about spending several hundred dollars on dinner last Saturday… uhg… OUR ECONOMY!!!
We did order Greek on Wheels Takeout. OH THE ROMANCE!
Ok on to the good stuff!!!
Bobby is 4 months old today and here is the list of the new stuff he’s been up to since last month;
- He smiles and laughs at himself in the mirror
- He grabs, holds and brings things to his mouth
- He likes to stand and jump but I have to do most of the work
- He pooped in the bath one time while he was all covered in soap and I had to get him out quick!
- He splashes in the tub but more notably, he sometimes thrashes around like a killer whale fighting a sea lion
- His hair has tuned more red
- He has started to get bald patches from his head rubbing wherever he is lying down and it looks…. interesting…
- He has gone from refusing to eat for 6 hours (while being hungry) one day to eating every 45 minutes the next
- He had his first unscheduled doctor’s visit. One of his nipples was red and swollen with a lump, turns out my milk was extra estrogeny that day and there was no reason to wait for 2 hours to see a doctor at the walk-in clinic. It was gone by the next day.
- He concentrates on things like kicking a toy and gets a super serious face which sometimes includes sticking out his tongue
- He tests out all his new sounds. The funniest are the super high pitched squeal and the fake cough
- He’s started to drool a lot and some days I opt to just throw a bib on him. I don’t have many cute ones and I think he should start wearing bandannas instead…
Now time for photos and a video! These are in order of oldest to newest so you might see a little of how he has aged in the last month.
Blurry, but this one always melts my icy heart
This was his first library book. We go once a week for a program where babies and parents sing, read books and play instruments and we (I) pick out 3 new books to check out each week. I usually pick 2 French and one English because all his own books are English.
He rarely sleeps on me like this anymore and I totally miss it.
He can’t sit on his own, I propped him up and took as many photos as I could before he started slumping over.
Another blurry one but it’s still cute
All the boys
This is how he now likes to nap after eating. I have yet to figure out how to remove myself without waking him up and how to keep him from rolling off the couch.
Here you can see how his hair is a bit thinner on the side
The way the sun is hitting his tongue, it looks like ET’s finger.
This is usually what he’s like after a car ride
On this day: