Life list – some things have taken placePosted: October 11, 2012
Many things have changed in my life over the last couple of months. And some of these have touched on my life-list, mostly for better but some for worse.
- Move to a walkable neighbourhood – I have moved! To a LESS walkable neighbourhood. *sadface* This was kind of the best option for where I am right now, which is separated with one kid in a great daycare and another already starting school and nervous about change. I have signed a one year lease so in about 10 months I’ll be re-evaluating this particular situation.
- Make positive changes in my current neighbourhood – Yesterday I received a letter from the president of our development. Said person has apparently gone rogue. It’s all very dramatic. I’m not sure I want to get too involved in this neighbourhood.
- Learn to carve - I am doing this!!! I’ve attended two classes already and have started a small project and am working on ideas for a bigger project. I will make a more detailed post about this once I have actually finished something but I really REALLY love it.
- Learn to be present in my body (dance?) – After carving is done in December I plan to start going to a dance class that runs at the same time. I’m pretty nervous about it but it is a challenge I want to take.
- Travel across Canada (been right, now go left)
- Have the perfect space for the perfect outdoor hammock and use it regularly
- Do some guerilla gardening
- Have my forearm tattooed
Skinny dip somewhere other than my back yard
- Take a relaxing trip to a hot place
- Hole up in a snow-covered cabin
- Get rid of my car (and it not be a problem)
- Help someone else accomplish a life list item - Who needs me for this?
- Allow myself to be reckless
Get rid of cable- I did it when moving and I don’t miss it. I don’t even have internet yet but I think I will cave on that within a couple of months. There are shows I’m interested in following but they aren’t going anywhere.
- Read and appreciate some good poetry
- Have better posture - This I am working on. I’m trying to be more aware of my body and what it is doing and WHY it is doing it. This is going to be a long-term thing I think.
- Go canoeing
- Take more self-portraits with my real camera – I have started doing this! I’m working on a little personal project. I’m not sure anyone else will ever see it and that’s just fine. I have a bunch of images and I want to work on them in Photoshop until I solidify the concept a bit more. At that point I think I’ll start taking more pictures to push it a little further.